Legalese (FUN!!) follows.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
We do not endeavor to collect Personally Identifiable Information from website visitors who do not opt in to periodic communications from us through the forms available on www.agencyclear.com, or who do not purchase the products and services we currently sell or will sell on www.agencyclear.com. When users opt in to receive correspondence from us, Personally Identifiable Information is retained by us. When users purchase a service from us through our website, Personally Identifiable Information may be retained by us and the platforms our website uses to transact payments.
Additionally, our website is built on the Squarespace platform, and we do not have control over everything it does. Users should assume that, by visiting our website, certain information, some of which may be Personally Identifiable Information, may be obtained and retained by Squarespace or any company it might decide to do business with.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our site. Such information is included but not limited to the user's IP address and metrics related to their use of the site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, marketing communication, visit website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with customers after correspondence.
How do we protect your information?
We use a popular website administration service, Squarespace, and a popular domain registrar, GoDaddy. We use Stripe as our payments platform. These, and any other platform we use or may use in the future, have potentially different policies and practices with respect to information security.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. For instance, cookies help websites remember and process the items in users' shopping cart.
Internet users should, in our opinion, accept that there is really no getting around this sort of intrusive surveillance. It's basically everywhere.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since most browsers are a little different, look at your browser's settings to learn the correct way to modify your cookies, or just Google it.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. Your call.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Quite honestly, we don't know. Users should consult Squarespace for an answer to this question.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not market our services and products to children under the age of 13 years old.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should we believe a data breach has occurred or are caused to learn that a data breach did occur:
- We will notify you via email
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Last updated 2/21/2018